Snails are hermaphrodites and they can use their reproduction systems however they like. In Snail Trail;
- Each Snail is born without a default gender.
- Players can assign a gender to their Snails or change the gender of their Snails.
- Once a gender is registered, it cannot be changed for 30 days.
On the page, a player can either;
- Provide both a male and a female Snail from their inventory
- Or provide a female Snail and buy a genome of another male from the gene market to start breeding.
Owners can breed with their Snails once a month. In each breed period:
- A male can donate a genome once. Donated genome can be sold three times on the Gene Market.
- After the genome donation, there will be a 30-day cooldown period before the next one starts.
- A female can lay eggs once.
- The eggs hatch instantly, no waiting period.
- 99.9% of the time only one Snail hatches from an egg, but with a 0.1% chance, there might be twins.
- After fertilization, there will be a 30-day cooldown period before the next breed can start.
Once two Snails are in place, players can use the Simulate button to see the probability of possibile offspring.
How Long Does a Newborn Have to Wait for Incubation?
A newborn cannot reproduce until its 30th day on Earth.
Does an Evolved Snail Have to Wait for Incubation?
If the Snail did not use its breeding right for the current cycle, then it can breed in the current cycle.
Is There a Breeding Count Limitation for Snails?
There is not a breeding count limitation for snails except for Purity 20 snails. While everything about these snails absolute pure, they have only one imperfection; they can have at most one children.